Saturday, May 12, 2007

ever since i planned to get my new computer, i've been in the process of going through all the junk saved on my old one, deciding what to save and what to ditch. i've skimmed years worth of e-mail archives and papers i wrote in college. i also switched my blog site, so i reread my old blog just for fun... i haven't had occasion to read over so much of my own writing all at once in a long time. being the nerd that i am, i found myself playing literary critic in my own writing. i found myself identifying themes and patterns, documenting growth and regression in my writing and in my life, and even noticing a certain tone in my writing that i didn't intend... it was full of discovery on a variety of levels. i won't bore you with the whole of my introspective journey, but there are some repeated themes - tensions, really - that seem to run throughout. maybe it's just another way to try to say what i've been stabbing inarticulately toward for years. anyway, that's what the next 3 posts will be about, i think.

(if i go into labor, it may be August before i finish this!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so you are still waiting...

my mom asked today if you had the kid yet and my reply was "No, but I am pretty sure she has a foot coming out of her belly button by now".

I hope we get to see ya'll this weekend.