Monday, July 7, 2008

i bought a bike

To anyone who has given me money for Christmas or my birthday in the past year, thank you. Here's what you all got me:
I've wanted a bike for about a year, but I knew I wouldn't use it until Athan was a little older. It feels so good to be working out again, trying to take care of my body. I won't run unless I'm being chased (my joints don't do well with all the impact), but I am really enjoying my daily rides.

Plus, it looks like this where I ride:



The hills are killer, but the view is worth it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every day? I’m so proud of you! The view is gorgeous! Pay attention now because is you ever do a century; you won’t be paying attention to the view. Just think about how fast and/or far you’ll be able to go back here in the flatland after training on those hill.

Love ya,
Amy

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kentucky. Drink with your eyes.