Friday, July 20, 2007

i know i promised, but...

i said i wouldn't subject you to my poetry, so forgive me going back on my word. i also suck at HTML, so just pretend that the dashes are tabs. :)

Mark 9:24 (for the Venables and Athan)


a bird by-
----tip of branch
----in tip of beak;
i search sky-
----ink in hand
----to write or speak
words?

my son sleeps-
----unaware
----of heart's pale beat;
my friends weep-
----spent eyes there.
----in need we seek
prayer.

clouds roll through-
----sun and shade,
----so faith and fear;
seeking You
----words evade.
----be Healer near
please

4 comments:

Steve Venable said...

beautiful

Cindy said...

We're honored that you wrote us a poem, especially one for us AND Athan. Love you.

Meredith Brooks said...

wow - that is so beautiful!

DRU said...

Put me down on the weeping list -- at first out of desperation and anguish and now as a result of my relief and appreciation for God's healing. Thank you, Holy One, for protecting our precious Athan.